6. T: John’s late for school---often
S1: John’s often late for school.
(1) help his mother in the kitchen---sometimes
(2) go to the library---frequently
(3) is washing the dishes---still
(4) go to school on foot----always
(5) go to the cinema with his parents---rarely
(6) go to the pub after work---usually
7. T: go to see my aunt in hospital
S1: I came to see you yesterday but you were out. Where were you?
S2: I went to see my aunt in hospital.
(1) see my friend off at the airport
(2) go to the butcher’s
(3) go for a picnic with a friend
(4) visit the museum
(5) go for a walk with my grandmother
(6) do some shopping
(7) go to work
(8) go to the bookstore
8. T: watch television--- go to bed early
S1: Did you watch television yesterday evening?
S2: No, I didn’t. I went to bed early.
(1) go to a concert---stay at home
(2) write an essay---write some letters
(3) help John with his homework---do my own homework
(4) have a date---go to the cinema alone
(5) go jogging---read a book
(6) visit Mary---go to see Amy
9. T: go to the bookstore with my father
S1: Did you spend the whole day in your room yesterday?
S2: No, I went to the bookstore with my father in the afternoon.
(1) go to a concert
(2) plant flowers in the garden
(3) go to the library to renew my books
(4) go to the museum
(5) buy my mother a pretty birthday present
(6) go swimming
10. T: get up---been up for two hours
S1: Has he got up yet?
S2: Yes, he’s been up for two hours.
(1) come back---been in college for a week
(2) go to college--- been in college for a year
(3) the film begin---been on for ten minutes
(4) become an English teacher---been an English teacher for fifteen years
(5) go to Shenzhen---been in Shenzhen for two weeks
(6) come down with an illness---been ill for three days